Haldiram’s is a very famous Indian brand and is on top of everyone’s mind especially during festive season. It seems like Haldiram has been serving our food palate since ages now. From Chole Bhature to Gulab Jamun to Soanpapdi, Potato Chips to Aloo Bhujia Haldiram has become the best in everything.
The brand has become our default choice. But do you know how it all started?In this article, we have provided 7 shocking, interesting, unknown and amazing facts about Haldiram’s.
1) The restaurant was started by Ganga Bhisen Agrawal in the year 1937 in Bikaner, Rajasthan. But entered Delhi only in 1982 and later shifted its base to Nagpur in the year 1970.
2) The restaurant consumes up to 80 million kilograms of butter, 3.8 billion litres of milk, 60 million kgs of pure ghee and 62 million kgs of potatoes every year.
3) For conspiring to kill a tea stall owner whose shop came in the way of food plaza, Haldirams Bhujia Wala proprietor Prabhu Shankar Agarwal was sentenced to life imprisonment.
4) The secret recipe of success for the Haldiram clan is the family’s art of choosing and blending the spices coupled with the eerie wisdom of recognizing the right flavors has been passed down from generations to generations.
5) Haldirams products are available across 50 countries. It started exporting to the US in 1993. The products are available in supermarkets like Spinneys, Somerfield, Tesco and Carrefour.
6) In India, Haldirams makes more money combined to Domino’s and Mcdonald’s.
7) Haldirams tied up with the movie Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and more than 1 crore snack packets were printed with the logo of the film & announcing a contest.
Haldirams is a 5000 crore company today. It has actually proved that good quality and hygiene can be a USP for a brand to take it to newer heights.