Lemons, as we all know, are a part of our food that we have to add not just for their sour taste but also adding variety to the food. We mix lemons in our favorite drinks to mellow down their bitterness. Mere aroma of lemons is so refreshing and gives a pleasant feeling. Apart from that, lemons have antibacterial and antiseptic properties that make them quite indispensable.
Here are some of the uses and benefits of lemons worth of knowing:
1. It is not only pleasant to have lemon aroma around but it is also helpful in keeping away anxiety and depression.
2. There are many restaurants around the world which have lemon trees planted for relaxing the visitors. This can be used by anyone in his/her house to maintain a relaxing atmosphere.
3. It has been found that lemons are very effective in solving and soothing some of the skin problems like dark spots, acne and scars. Lemons are particularly useful in cleaning the scalp.
4. Lemons act as antiseptic and used for rubbing bruised parts of the body. They can also be used for rubbing stubborn parts of the body such as elbows, knees and calluses.
5. Lemons also find their use in treating sore feet, bad smell and also for nail whitening.
6. Arthritis, indigestion, rheumatisms are some of the diseases where lemon can be used as cure.
7. Lemons also prevent diseases like cholera and malaria due to their blood cleansing property.
8. Due to rich nutrients like vitamins, minerals lemons reduce the signs of ageing.
9. Lemon juice can be used for killing bacteria of any type.
10. Lemons clean up the throat passage and therefore very helpful in preventing breathing problems.