Whenever we hear about nuts, it always clicks in our mind that they are healthy. Undoubtedly they are healthy but only when consumed in certain proportions rather than just keeping on munching them all the time. Nuts, basically are rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, fibers not to forget fats too.
Let’s analyze different nuts:
1) Almonds: Nutrient content in them are Vitamin-E, magnesium, fat and fiber. Seen to reduced heart-related problems. Having 6-7 almonds a day is what makes is health over which it leads to weight gain and fat accumulation.
2) Walnuts: Known to be one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids which help in reducing bad cholesterol levels and leading to glowing skin.
3) Cashews: Having one of the highest amounts of carbohydrate content lead to weight gain, although improving metabolism.
4) Peanuts: Rich in fibers, anti-oxidants, vitamin-E, dietary protein are known to reduce heart-related problems but in excess may lead to gas and weight gain.
5) Raisins: Sugary nature and taste would lead to increase in blood glucose level thereby leading to weight gain when intake is above a certain amount.
Other points to be kept in mind are:
- Eat in proportion.
- Not to eat in one go.
- Avoid sweet/salty nuts because of their high calorific value, leading to weight gain.